Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Date with the SDA!

I came into work at my "sort of" usual time this morning around 6:30 and checked our family email. There in our inbox was an email from Oleg. I think my heart skipped a beat or two because I thought that either:
  1. Over the last few days the SDA had re-read all of our documents and rejected them all and wanted us to start from scratch; or
  2. We had a date with the SDA.
Fortunately for us, it was the latter! We have been asked to meet at the SDA on September 23rd at 11:00AM! So, now it is really time to start packing and making travel arrangements.

On that latter topic (travel arrangements), I sent a note to all my colleagues here at Coalfire last week letting them know what was going on in our life with the adoption and included this blog address. A short while later, one of the co-founders sent me a very gracious note saying that we have so many miles on our corporate credit card that we should see if we can use miles for our airfare! He also said he has multiple free nights in various hotels that we would be more than welcome to use! Wow! This is huge and we are very grateful to all 3 of the co-founders of Coalfire and all of my colleagues for their support.

That's it today. Maybe Michele will post something later, but I had to get this news up as soon as I had it.

Thanks again for your prayers! Keep them coming.

Bruce

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Our appt is the day before yours, so we'll have to stay in touch. What a great blessing from your company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful offer from your company, Bruce!

    ReplyDelete